This is an essential course for anyone wanting to understand the carbon markets and how to develop a carbon credit project.
A key aim of the course is to simplify this highly complex area to facilitate good decision making by learners.
This course will give clarity to those people who are unsure if they have a carbon project or simply want to better understand the process and costs to developing a carbon project.
Key focus areas include the history of the carbon markets and their evolutions, current stability of the carbon markets and recent decisions, the evolution of carbon projects their mechanisms and methodologies, stages of a carbon project, costs, timelines, financing options and the local legislative landscape.
We use a number of practical examples to ensure that learners leave this course with a good understanding of all the key elements of a carbon project.
Benefits of attending the course
- Discover how the carbon markets were created, their drivers and how their future is being moulded through international negotiation; cap and trade discussions as well as carbon taxation legislation.
- Gain an understanding of the carbon project development landscape and how it can benefit you and your company
- Get visibility into timelines, costs and risks relating to developing a carbon project
- Understand all elements of the carbon project development process
- Learn about the types of carbon markets and carbon instrument and how carbon tax legislation will impact them
- Learn tools to identify if a carbon project is viable
- Learn about the types of carbon projects and registration bodies and what specific documentation is required by these bodies
- Learn how carbon credits are created and traded
- Learn skills and resources required to make decisions about carbon projects
Who should attend?
- Managers and business owners who need to make decisions involving renewable energy and carbon projects development
- Renewable energy project developers looking for new forms of financing to kick start their project
- Financial managers who are tasked with assessing the potential revenue streams and ROI of a new project
- Environmental professionals looking to advise their customers on potential carbon projects
- Engineers and Facilities managers looking to use the carbon markets to finance efficiencies
Did you know?
Terra Firma Academy courses are developed by the experts at Terra Firma Solutions.
Terra Firma Solutions is a leading energy engineering solution provider who deliver a start-to-end solution, beginning with strategy development, leading to project implementation, support and maintenance.
WHAT OUR STUDENTS SAY
Louise Dowie, Environmental Scientist at WESSA
I now have a better understanding of the process behind developing an environmental policy & strategy for a corporate company. The course was well worth my time & money and I look forward to putting into practice what I've learnt.
Karlien de Bruin , GraySwan Investments
The Carbon Footprint Analyst course was one of the best courses I have ever attended. The course was really practical and after the course you should be able to apply what was learnt. The lecturer also shared his knowledge and experience that he picked up while working in the field which added extra weight to the course material.
Steve Hearder - Product Development Officer, Eskom
I would just like to thank Terra Firma for a great Measurement and Verification course, this was possibly the best course that I have done.
Lebogang Malatsi - Environmental Reporting Dept, Tiger Brands
Great course which was well presented. Group discussions were insightful and the lecturer knew her subject very well.
Edwin Makushu - Senior Ecopreneur, Food & Trees for Africa
This course should be added as one of the core modules in high institutions' environmental qualifications. I plan to use the skills I learned to calculate and report on Carbon footprints of big industries in South Africa. Seeing that the carbon tax will be phased as from January 2016, every company will need a detailed report of its footprint.
Isabella Daly - Environmental Manager, Canon SA
I thoroughly enjoyed the course. The facilitator was very knowledgeable and approachable. I would recommend this course to anybody interested in the subject.
Tony Laugton - EHS / Sustainability Manager, Glaxo Smith Kline
The course objectives were fully met. It was easy to follow, although some of the other students had difficulties with the detail of math, but the facilitator was very helpful and approachable to overcome these difficulties.
Peter Harris - Ex Head of Sustainability, AFGRI
Don’t waste time. Do the course and gain very valuable knowledge about energy efficiency.
Shepherd Nkosi - Energy Manager, Transnet Port Terminals – HQ
I attended the Energy Efficiency Management course through the NBI EELN programme. It was very enjoyable and of perfect duration. The facilitator knew is subject and I would definitely recommend it to others.
Derik Dreyer - Energy Efficiency Champion, Anglo American
Very good introduction to the intermediate calculations in energy management. Very interactive and good tools for managing energy for the future.
Mahomed Banoo, EHS Manager at Cell C
I attended the Environmental Strategy course facilitated by Dave Bonellie, who was very knowledgeable and approachable. The course brings light into the complex development of a comprehensive, realistic and feasible corporate Environmental Strategy. It offers a tool, which can be applied to any strategy development.
Who we have trained